Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Dirty But Empty

The movers just left my apartment. They cleared out my bedroom and nearly half of the living room. All of my non essential items will remain in limbo until it is delivered to my new destination next week. Im excited for when the items will be unpacked, but somewhat sad knowing that I'm about to remove myself from my comfort zone.

Tomorrow I leave for Ohio, and all that awaits me there. A fantastic job, great money, and a clean new townhome. But somehow I know I will miss the great job I had, the good money I made there, and the dirty apartment. The apartment is still dirty, but empty.

I'm glad I don't have a digital camera, otherwise I'd be tempted to take pictures of my room and post them. All that remains are the small reminders that I've spent a great 6 months here. A sunflower seed shell, reminder of Toni. Numerous loose coins, reminders of having money. A few beer bottle tops, reminders of forgotten nights.

I used to dream about the sunflower seed shells turning into lobster shells, the loose coins turning into loose dollars. Even the beer bottle tops turning into wine corks. My dreams are becoming my reality. Hopefully my Lansing will become my Columbus.

Tonight I'll have an early bedtime. On the road to Southfield at 5:30 am, on the road to Columbus at 7am. Signing the lease by 2pm, getting cable and internet by 7pm. If you don't read a post by me tomorrow, that means something went wrong.

NMNL

No comments:

Post a Comment